VisionOur 'Harper Vision' is where, ‘with the eyes of faith’ we want to go. It is the destination we are aiming at as a fellowship: "Together on a mission to make and grow disiciples of Jesus Christ, seeing lives changed around our doors, in our city, across our nation and over God's World."
What this means in practice:
- Together on a mission - we have a God given mission to ‘make disciples’, this is something that we have a responsibility to do, “Together” as a fellowship
- Making and growing disciples of Jesus - This is the whole point of our existence as believers; it’s the job Christ gave us. We are focused on making & growing disciples to the glory of God
- Seeing Lives Changed - This is what happens as people become disciples, if we aren’t seeing it, then it's because people aren't being or becoming disciples.
- Around our doors - Around the door of our building in Craigiehall Street? Yes, but also around the doors of our homes and places of work or leisure. By this we mean wherever we are we will be in pursuit of this mission.
- Across our city - We will work in gospel partnership with other likeminded churches across the city to exert a strategic influence in pursuit of our vision.
- In our Nation - We will work in partnership with other likeminded churches and organisations across the nation to exert a strategic influence in pursuit of our vision.
- Over God’s World - We will work in partnership with other likeminded churches and mission agencies across the world to exert a strategic influence in pursuit of our vision